After all, changing
atmosphere to the world outside was never thought as green!
breeze blows all
around in fullness.
A Triple up to the years,
I had grown,
left to the memories
were days I used to crawl; even when the pain around my knees never made me groan.
The states and
capitals I traveled to in classes held at school have made me grown chubby.
But to achieve this,
education is a realm.
The most important
element of life I had was bravery!
Alas! For not far
from these days, Father sold me out to slavery.
Within me, I had my
glossy crystal of choice
But my tongue was
still unripe to let out a discerning voice.
I sigh solemnly as
they rejoice to my broken future all in the name of a marriage.
The Man of black heart
that paid my bride price flaunts a promise,
a promise not to
pluck my flourishing flower was a demise.
When in the wake of
the morning, the red blood from my pant had stained the earth!
In desolate I wail in
tears for years,
as my reflection in a
mirror spears
four
decades, the blood shade on my gown never wears!
My joy, my aspiration,
my dignity, all lone!
Will I in sadness
forever bow?
Saviour, where art
thou?


Only God can help us now! Nice article Bro...U're a genius!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteMossy, that's true..but we need to voice out and act! God wud not come down and help us by himself you know! Na person hand person dey use clean hin own behaviour! See a perfect example of A grown woman sold to such a slavery! The actions here still seem hidden in d words self, yet...it is still intriguing... This people must Fail!
ReplyDeleteYou indeed understood the poem! Let's fight for our right! Just before people find it obnoxious for you to play with your neighbor's. 6yrs old daughter! They'll say you're arousal, coz probably u might wanna come get married. To her tomorrow! Funny though...but that's the fact!
DeleteWith a deep sense of regret,how could our leader be leading us wrongly and 4getting that these ones has a future tO achieve n proclaim but sincerely it is because of dia greed........Am putting this tO us that we should make use of what we have tO fight them now!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteVoice of a fighter... I trust you on this my Man! *winks
DeleteThis madness must indeed stop! Letz voice out and fight this together! The blood of d young and unborn child lady shall refuse to stain the earths!
ReplyDeleteNice poem Bro... U should win a nobel prize for human rights!
Lol...funny! Thanks anyways!...Glad you read and understood!
DeleteYes bhawz!
DeleteCraziness of d first order! Wonder hw dem go dey give out pikin whay nevr sabi make decision out to marriage! Pikin whay nvr sabi wettin to use wen hin get headache, say na him dem go maltreat whay go knw person to tell...blood stains d earth indeed,it is! Let's fight this! Nice poetry tho, like ur use of words! Kip it up mhan!
ReplyDeleteI wonder too o! Such a wonder still never stop to cease! ..and, thanks for d compliments! God bless you!
Delete*sighs...pity! Nice write-up...the senate should see this!
ReplyDeleteIf Only d men in d green house could read dis! Especially d man with d 'Y' name! It has come @ d right tym!
ReplyDeleteLolz... Letz hope dis gets to him soon!
Delete***makes me piteous***Mesef im a child not a bride........#ur gudt#
ReplyDeleteThe poem itself is sober...Make God help us nih... Hehe! U, a Child? Lwkmd!
Delete